Vacancy: Media & Communications Manager
Posted: 15th October 2019
Bedford Blues are looking to appoint a full-time Media and Communications Manager to join the Championship Club based at Goldington Road.
The purpose of the role is to pro-actively deliver day-to-day communications, supporting the delivery of the wider marketing plan and media output.
The role will be responsible for developing, implementing, managing and delivering our communications output across all platforms; digital to include the new website, video, social media and print, promoting our brand across all channels.
The individual will have knowledge and experience of PR and communications, ideally within a sporting setting. They are also required to have outstanding written and verbal communication, strong organisational skills with a flexible approach to working, an ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, as well as being able to work well as part of a small team.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the new position will work closely with the Director of Rugby and COO, but communications and relationships will be across additional areas including events, community and commercial, supporting and delivering internal and external communications.
- Planning, capturing, editing and promoting video content.
- Writing copy and articles for the official website, match day programme, emailers, commercial and marketing literature, internal communications and external partners.
- Assisting all departments of the club with media and promotion.
- Responsibility for all social media channels.
- Match Day press duties including RFU match sheet.
- Managing all functions of the new club website.
- Pro-actively liaise with external press to ensure maximum coverage for the club
- Answer any incoming media enquiries
- Work with Rugby Administrator to provide media accreditation for match day
- Assist Sky with any statistics/requirements for live matches
- Support all sales functions for the club within marketing strategy, with a priority placed on hospitality and events.
- Self-starter, graduated with media/journalism degree and/or experience in communications industry. Ideally within a sporting or rugby environment.
- Excellent written skills, strong IT competencies, efficient in video production and a good eye for detail.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and motivated to achieve, whilst sharing the values of Bedford Blues.
- Ideally proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis on Premiere Pro and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Bedford Blues and rugby union is preferable.
The role will involve working at weekends and some unsocial hours. This is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious sporting club looking to raise its profile.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV by email to the below:
Chief Operating Officer