Strength and Conditioning Work Placement
Posted: 29th July 2020
Bedford Blues are seeking a Strength and Conditioning intern for next season to work with new Head of Department Jim McLagan. The role will give the successful applicant the opportunity to work within the Championship club environment.
Purpose of the Placement:
(i) To provide support to the Bedford Blues Strength and Conditioning programme, particularly around strength and fitness implementation, data collection, analysis and evaluation.
(ii) To provide an aspiring Strength and Conditioning Coach with an opportunity to work in and contribute to the performance department of a Championship Rugby Club.
Approx. 16 hours per week throughout the rugby season (start date TBC). The commitment must include match day, but flexible times can be managed within the week to fit the successful candidate(s). The position is unpaid, but all reasonable travel expenses will be considered.
Will include, but not be restricted to, the following tasks:
- Assistance in delivering comprehensive S&C programme to first team players.
- Daily set up/closing procedures directed by Head of S&C.
- Data input and analysis of gym and field based sessions including testing.
- Assistance in ensuring players are ready to perform in training and at games.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
- Applicant must have or be working towards an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject area.
- UKSCA/CSCS is desirable.
- Experience in a gym or field based environment coaching or assisting in the delivery of coaching.
- A sound understanding of computer software systems, especially Microsoft Excel.
- A working knowledge of rugby union.
- To have an outstanding work ethic and ability to work and communicate as part of team.
- To be disciplined in their approach to their work and have the ability to adapt.
To apply, send a short covering letter and CV by email to email@example.com.